View Single Post
Old 09-26-2016, 03:38 PM   #3
icicle22
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: difficulty settings vs. slider? What's the deal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Have you considered using some "house rules" in order to help balance things a bit(provided you don't already do this)?
To some degree I do use house rules but I am trying to find some settings where I don't "have" to do this. That is why I am asking the question about difficulty vs sliders. In the past in a game like NFL2k5 it was clear that the sliders at 50 were Pro and the sliders at 75 were All Pro and sliders at 100 were Hall of Famer ( or whatever they called them). So in that scheme difficulty was really just a predetermined slider set.

I'm trying to determine what makes Pro vs. All Pro so different beside the sliders. The CPU seems to make different play calls and is much more aggressive on All Pro. That I like. But certain elements feel less dynamic and dare I say more scripted?

Defenders seem to telepathically jump routes when they weren't even looking on All Pro yet on Pro they didn't jump anything? What slider controls that? Or is it a hardcoded setting in the "difficulty" that is not exposed in the sliders?

That is what I am trying to determine.