View Single Post
Old 09-27-2016, 11:46 AM   #5
Sturzinator
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Offensive Lineman Injuries

I start another CFM that sim only. O linemen will get injured while simming. I set up the same o line as my real CFM in the sim CFM. No need to set everything up, just be sure the quarter length, fatigue, and injury slider match your real CFM.

Each week I advance the sim CFM to keep pace with the real one and note any o line injuries (ignore the others).If an o lineman was injured, I move him down the depth chart and don't use him in my real CFM until he is set to return from his injury.

At some point, your sim CFM personnel may diverge from your real CFM personnel. At that point just find a free agent o lineman with the same injury rating as the lineman in your real CFM to use as a stand in. If he gets injured, the guy he represents gets injured.

The only real draw back is that you can't IR the guy in your real CFM, but I welcome the added roster management challenge. You could always opt to cut the player and deal with those consequences if a roster spot opening is critical.

It's really very easy and takes minutes to set up and run. It gives you reason to maintain o line depth in your CFM and adds a sorely missing spark of reality to the equation. It's not perfect, but it's way better than the alternative if you're a person that likes to play vs simming your games.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-27-2016 at 02:37 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove