View Single Post
Old 09-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #140
isdatyt
Pro

isdatyt's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: We need to talk about Steph Curry again...

Sorry if this is in one of the 17 pages of this thread but Steph for me has played pretty close to his real life counterpart. From playing against my brother's cheesy friends on rookie to playing for money on HOF, he's made ridiculous shots at times, but when playing consistent tight defense and making him work on D, it's driven his percentages way down.

In the first instance my opponent is 12, he wants the highlight every play. He's spamming the manual size-ups and shooting from 35 feet. He drains the first few, expected. I, using Kyrie, not even an elite defender, manually check him at halfcourt. Bumping, manually hedging when he calls for picks and just like the real NBA he struggles. Eventually he realizes this spammy offense can't keep up with real basketball, he quits in the 3rd shooting about 30%.

Second scenario required more in depth solutions. Same teams yet manual stick adjustments weren't enough. Coaching settings were key. Unfortunately with that much firepower, somebody is gonna burn you. I decided to force the action to KD since LeBron is my best defender. Still manually checking Steph at key points because I want to keep him from going nuclear, but a combination of this scheme and the most important part is beating their bench, I was able to consistently have close games against the Warriors on HOF User & CPU and winning a little more than I lost.