View Single Post
Old 09-29-2016, 12:54 AM   #1442
Sturzinator
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingV2k3
I don't know the "why", but that's the way it's always worked...

More of an EA question...
Historically yes, but I don't think it is that way this year. I have been creating a coach and setting auto subs to match my own with good results.

While you're at it you can IR long term injured players (CPU has not been doing this), flip CB 1 and 2 for best on best coverage, sign players where depth is needed, change retired jersey numbers, and change the playbook if desired.
Save then retire the coach and the inputs stick, including the sub settings. If you don't save the sub settings, they revert to 50/49 default.

I think the depth changes may not stick though, at least not for long, but this is not confirmed.

I am trying to decide if the general books are better than the team books. I tried starting a thread about this to collect people's observations but it did not generate much interest and quickly died an ugly death.

I do think the offensive general books have more varied play calling but I agree they tend to be mostly dink and dunk. I don't know if that's germain to the general books themselves or driven more by QB player traits, personnel match ups, type of book (pass balanced vs run balanced, etc) ,defensive play calling, or something else entirely. One thing I have ruled out is that it is not driven by QBA (meaning the slider accuracy setting, not the player accuracy rating).

The team books are more aggressive, with seemingly more deep shots, although the deep shots are almost always 4 verts. It also seems as though mostly the same 10-15 plays are recycled throughout. I would like to hear what others are seeing with regard to this.

At any rate, there are times when use of the general books would make more sense than the team books. A prime example would be an injury to a key player in the offense (QB, WR, RB) that would dictate a different playing style.

The defensive general books I have found to be pretty good as well, albeit somewhat less aggressive with fewer blitzes. I lean toward the team defensive books now as the tuner seems to have fixed the press cover one auto TD problem that used to be so prevalent beforehand.

Last edited by Sturzinator; 09-29-2016 at 01:10 AM.