Old 10-03-2016, 03:21 PM   #13
CM Hooe
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45
Re: Rant with a question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sturzinator
I challenge you to provide one example of where this type of play call was made in a similar situation anywhere in the real world.
Even if a real-world example of this play does exist - it probably doesn't - I honestly do not care to find it.

It is a video game. Reality gets abandoned to an extent the moment I pick up the controller.

Quote:
We need strong voices to demand improvement in the game and long overdue fixes to legacy issues. Stop being an enabler of perpetual mediocrity.
let's not make this thread an indictment of the Madden community, that's off-topic.

Of the list of criticisms I personally have with the game, legacy or not, this doesn't even register. I would much rather have a game where these sorts of fake FG decisions could possibly happen as opposed to one where the CPU would never attempt a fake field goal in situations where where they hold a significant lead or late-game situations. And really, this isn't a rampant problem at all; I've seen one CPU fake field goal and punt each in the many games of Madden 17 I've played.

Heck it's not even that much of a stretch to reason away the fake FG decision - the CPU presumably guessed that the user would come in hard for the block knowing that that's the only way the user can get back into the game, so they call a fake as to drive the nail into the coffin. Aggressive as all hell? Absolutely, but it's not a tremendous leap of logic to make.