View Single Post
Old 10-05-2016, 03:38 PM   #857
Rachel93
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: FIFA 17 OS Community Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt10
Ah, so you were HR on Twitch. I actually like your posts Tekko, it was just a friendly disagreement. You weren't ridiculed at all. You were speaking in absolutes. Stating if shot error is lowered they'll shoot more, so then I raised shot error and showed that it didn't matter if it was lowered. If anything, raising it seemed to create more outside of the box shooting. Again, that could be relevant to many things though.

The next part was about marking being raised to get players to meet. That's when I was going through my notes and found Orion's 44 length that had come through last time we were in this spot. I wanted to keep marking at 52 - and test its limits.

It's not that you were ignored, or ridiculed, it was just a test of the marking value of 52 and ensuring all the other values made sense.

Regarding the testing at 78 marking this morning, and today, it was trying to go back to that Set 2 feeling, but using josam's 47/49 accel, but eventually i wanted to try 47/47 accel.

Then you jumped on Velo's stream and said basically you told us so, and I didn't deny it, I agreed and advised it's relevant to the set - and the acceleration value we were testing at 47/47, not to mention the less clinical passing of 60 pass error.

Again, stay involved, you know your football, and that's exactly what is needed. Anything suggested you know I will try, and exert every little drop I can find in it.

There are 1,000's of combinations for sliders. They are all, terribly, set up with 1 point increments. Reading through the PC code of 14, they are all intertwined, each value is a balancing act. This is why it takes a ridiculous amount of hours and restarting of matches to see things come out. They have to be scaled to count towards match scenario, formations, fatigue. After that you have to find exploits and see if that's relevant to scenario, formations or fatigue.
Plus everyone has a different way of playing and different things they are looking for in a football game - so it would actually be really odd if EVERYONE preferred the exact same slider settings with all the possible combinations

I for example think some of the values you use are just plain unrealistic haha, but I still respect all the work you do - especially on the tactical side of sliders - lines and marking etc. I wouldn't know where to begin with that!

When I finally figure out the best sliders for me (ie. what looks and plays most like the football I see on TV) I'll post them in a different thread I think, so I don't derail this.