View Single Post
Old 10-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #2526
peki
Rookie

peki's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

So, I've started using your "sauce" set about two weeks ago... I'm a hard core gamer when it comes to sports games, man. If there is a single thing that looks unrealistic, I feel like playing that game has no point unless you are playing your friends for fun. I never cheese. I never run same plays over and over. Hell, I never run a same play more than once in a game.

I'm going to be honest here: I've been playing madden since ps2 days and Madden 04. PS2 to 360 to PS4. Probably hundreds of slider sets later - this is the most I've enjoyed a football game ever. I've tried a couple of sets from this board, but none seemed to work. Superbowl every year. At least 11 regular season wins. And I play with my Redskins. Yeah, Redskins.

So I used your set, and man, I fell in love with this game! I lost the first game of the season against the Steelers EASILY and I LOVED IT right away. My first season went 9-6-1, with the only tie being a game that I've simulated by an accident (@Detroit). The outcome of the season can be pretty close to what the Redskins might play like this season.

- With all the offensive weapons, Cousins was solid. I've never had a season with less INT's - totaled for 11 and also had about 10 fumbles on strip sacks after holding on to the ball for too long. Had about 30 TDs.
- Jackson and Reed both had 1000 yard seasons (Both JUST over a thousand). The thing is, Desean was soooo good in some games, and then invisible in the next one - just like in real life.
- Norman seemed pretty good, mostly locking down his side of the field. Safeties and other DBs (Breeland, Hall, Ihenacho) sucked most of the time and were the sole reason we allowed about 4400 yards passing on the year.
- Run defense was bad (Redskins do have probably THE worst run D in the league). It wasn't super bad, but most RB's could get 100 on us easily. We did face a lot of good backs (Leveon, Zeek twice, AP, Lacy, Mathews...).
- My running game was okay. Matt Jones was healthy all year long so he got a load of work. 300 plus runs for about 1400 yards total. About 4.3 per carry which is awesome and close to what he does so far this season! He'll probably not get more than 250 carries, that was just my gameplan. Used all sorts of runs. Stretch runs were not overpowered.
- I've won a game on a last second TD (Cardinals) and lost two games (Packers and Panthers) on a last second FG. A bunch of other games were decided in the 4th, so I can pretty much say that I could've been anywhere betweed 7-9 and 10-6 which is awesome and, I would say, accurate.

But...

Patch comes out... And I make a mistake of installing it... Right before the Playoffs start... Damn...

Ideally, with this team (Reed, Ihenacho and Crowder done for the year after week 15 and 16 injuries), I maybe get lucky and win a wild card game. Maybe. That would be a first Redskins PO win after like what, 11 years? Panthers it is. 12-4 team at my field (9 wins was enough to win NFC east). Aaaaand I win. Easy. They scored 10 points on me. Cam with two fumbles and two picks. No running game as I was blitzing aggressively all game long.

Divisional round - Packers with the MVP Aaron who had like 50 TDs total in the regular season. In a snowy Green Bay, aaaaand I win again. I was rooting for him to tear my secondary apart, but he didn't. Just like Drew Brees didn't in the NFC championship. And then the Superbowl, well it's an easy guess on what happened in that game against a 9-7 Chiefs with Nick Foles at QB...

Two games in the 2017 season and I already feel like I can go 16-0 without breaking a sweat.

The patch made everything too easy.

I'll give it a break for a while when it comes this game. Hope you or somebody else here pulls a magic move and get this crazy numbers called sliders together so we can play a good old Madden game in which Kirk Cousins s**** his bed against every good team and looks like prime time Brady against Browns or Jaguars. I want a game in which Steelers will close out the game at the beginning of the 4th, with me punting from my 30 as I am down 2 scores and I already know I'm not winning that... Not yet...

Thanks for the magical 10 days bro, guess you Cowboy fans did something right for once lol :P