View Single Post
Old 10-08-2016, 12:49 AM   #9
fluent2332
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: Why is the glass always half fulled?

I think playing off-ball is fun. I used to do it all the time in the 2K7, 2K8 to 2K10 days. Basically, I had a house rule that said whoever I scored with on offense would be who I played the entire defensive possession with. No switching. This was fun because it gave me the experience of playing as all 5 positions on defense, guarding different players for an entire possession, playing smart help defense, rotating, etc., as well as "roleplaying" various defenders on the defensive possession (I would play differently depending on the player). It's a different experience and quite fun, IMO.

Lately I've been playing on-ball because that's also a lot of fun. I think playing whichever way you want is your own call. I can beat the AI or I can beat a player using the defender. A lot of times it's even easier to exploit poor off-ball defense with back-door cuts or good passing anyway. If the player controlling the off-ball defender isn't good at rotating, help defense, etc. etc., they will get burned a lot.