eastcoast49ers
Rookie

eastcoast49ers's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenhed
Quoting myself to make fun of myself.

Remind me never to complain about at least an average defense. Sweet mother of pearl I started a new franchise as the Colts. Good. Grief. The Raiders defense I fielded looked like the '85 Bears compared to the this. Pretty hilarious actually.

Anyhoo, onto some slider feedback:

- Still love the run game. Good backs and Good OLines really shine with these sliders.

- Yet even good offensive linemen get beaten occasionally. However, truly STAR OLinemen will lock down good pass rushers for the most part. This is a good thing as if you match up a star OLineman with a star pass rusher, the OLineman really will win most of the time. Not all of the time, but mostly. Good balance. I still feel like holding could be lowered a notch to increase block shedding a tad, but I'm still good with it.

- Tackling! These sliders make the TACKLING skill on defenders absolutely mandatory. One of the reasons my Colts defense is so porous is because RBs often bounce right off would-be tacklers. I like this. I have a lot of "prototype" style linebackers, and while they have the speed and acceleration to make up for their coverage and pursuit deficiencies, they simply don't wrap-up. A real problem and a very realistic one.

- Coverage still seems a tad too loose. I know I'm the Colts right now (maybe not the best test case....), but Luck carves defenses up (not overly unrealistic I suppose). However, all of the games I played both as the Raiders and the Colts have both QBs (Luck/Carr and whomever I was playing against), regardless of skill, absolutely carve up defenses.

- I really can't say enough good things overall, guys. As frustrating as the new patch must have been for you, I think this plays even better than before.

As a 49ers franchise person, I can assure you Gabbert and Kaepernick do not carve up defenses. It's a struggle haha.