View Single Post
Old 10-17-2016, 10:53 AM   #47
ANDROMADA 1
So long to a Legend.

ANDROMADA 1's Arena

OVR: 65
Re: Week 6: Atlanta Falcons (4-1) @ Seattle Seahawks (3-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trapper700
I see people are getting upset by the no call on the DPI, but why is everyone ignoring the fact that Jones deserved the no call for his own penalty on the same exact play to force Sherman into a poor position in the first place.
Its like the old saying, you can can holding on nearly every play. This was 2 star players going at it. The refs will prob put a close look next game and prob warn sherm. I'm pretty sure the League got/will get a letter from the Falcons ownership/coaching.

From a technique perspective as the receiver you can indeed push off, just don't extend your arm, won't get called.

As a defender you get a good jam at the line and put your body into the receiver as ball is on way look for the ball and lean heavily,,,again this lessens the chance of getting called or in this case exactly what Sherman did. Always go with the body, its less noticeable. Not only that there is no guarantee that Jones would have caught the ball regardless. Sherman does have a long wingspan. Also note that nobody that I have seen in print or in the Media is saying anything about Julio and his illegal hands to the face of Sherman on the exact same play.