View Single Post
Old 10-18-2016, 09:38 AM   #194
brandon27
MVP

brandon27's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Awesome job on V2 of the tool. The changes to projected/actual round makes data entry so much quicker. Thanks for doing that! I take back my previous suggestion about changing ratings input from full names, to the 3 letter abbreviations. It's pretty simple to type them, and you have them entered in full into the spreadsheet, so as long as you type it right the first time, it's quick.

I had my first draft over the weekend. I killed it. I had 2 1st rounders, and 2 2nd rounders since I moved some players to help rebuild the Dolphins. My lowest rated draftee was a 72 OVR through 6 rounds. I hauled in a 81 & 79 OVR DE which was awesome for me since Cam Wake retired. My only bad pick was a 68 OVR WR in round 7, and a 67 OVR RB, also in round 7. Both were rated as do not draft, but there wasn't much left for me to go on, and I didn't need a WR, so he's on my practice squad now, and my RB I actually cut. He was only going to be my 3rd RB anyways, but there was a UDFA rated a 70 OVR, so I signed him as my RB3 anyways. Probably important also to remember that this was a pre-patch draft class as well.

I meant to save the file and upload it here for your data, but my laptop has been stuck in that stupid Windows 10 anniversary update loop bug, and I ended up having to just format it and reinstall W10 fresh with the update included and had no problems. Thanks Microsoft. I'll see if it's still hanging around on the CPU somewhere or if I can get it back with a data recovery tool, but I'm thinking she's gone.

Bottom line, this tool is damn awesome. It's not for those looking for a quick scouting fix like the spreadsheets of the old days when draft classes weren't random. It'll take some work and some effort, but IMO, it adds to the realism because you actually get to look at projected values for players, and create a draft board of your own. Fantastic job.