View Single Post
Old 10-21-2016, 07:45 AM   #3622
Madden's Jowels
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Do sliders affect simulated games?

I was trying to use "Play the Moments" for the first season of my Broncos franchise, so I could get to the offseason quicker and get one draft/free agent class under my belt and then start playing every game in full for 2017. I have your sliders (pink set) inputted.

I started playing Play The Moment and my defense is just getting SLAUGHTERED. We're talking about the Denver Broncos defense here. They can't stop anyone, can't get off the field on 3rd down unless I play it myself, giving up insane points.

So then after losing several games and giving up 30+ points in each one, I started just simulating the games outright, thinking that would help.

It didn't. My team is 2-9 right now and has given up 30+ in 7 of 11 games, and 40+ in 2 out of the last 3 games. I have to guess that the sliders have to be the culprit, because they generally lower the user team's ability and raise the opponent's, but I wanted to confirm that.

The season is lost now, so I prob won't change anything, just wanted to know for future reference. I can't imagine the Madden sim engine is bad enough that one of the top defenses in the league would give up the most points in the NFL (32 a game) and have only 20 sacks through 11 games after having 52 sacks in 2015, without the intervention of sliders. Can it?