Old 10-23-2016, 08:12 AM   #1403
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubichYercocov
I seem to have two main issues that I don't have an answer for through playcalling or playing better.

My pass rush is non-existent using 4-3 defense with both my rush D/E's converted from LB's (Robert Mathis and Trent Cole). My entire DL is blocked on every passing play and even if I control one of them, I'm spamming square and X and can never break the block nor get pressure. The only time I ever get a sack is from coverage sacks. Not sure what to do to fix this issue as I've even resorted to setting the CPU Pass Block even lower to no avail.

The second issue, which can go hand in hand with the first, is that the CPU pass offense is ridiculously hard to stop. Whether I play zone, o r man, the QB has enough time to find the open spots in zone or a receiver has eventually beaten his man and is open. The majority of incomplete passes seem to be from when the QB senses pressure and throws it out of bounds. I've had QB's like Joe Flacco and Jameis Winston complete 80% of their passes and throw for 400-500 yards because of this.

I don't consider myself an amazing Madden player but I am a solid player with advanced football knowledge.

Something just isn't adding up for me.

Outside of these two issues, the sliders are fantastic and I thank you for that.

EDIT: I should mention that I am playing a Fantasy drafted team that went for defense with pass defense as my main draft strategy which is what makes this so frustrating for me, lol
- Spamming the buttons is a huge part of the problem. Unless you time your jump with the R2 button it is futile. Also knowing which move is highly rated (or both for elite pass rushers who can bull and speed rush like Mack) helps. I am not having issues getting a pass rush. With the latest tweaks I have made sacks are earned for the most part. Sometimes they are quick sacks based on getting a great jump, having he right blitz and coverage called, or a coverage sack and not giving up on the play. The NFL today is a pure passing league and pass defense has been neutered to the point of ridiculous IMO. Madden is also representing this evolution of the game.....and also it is a video game and we all must remember that too. It will not replicate real life all the time. I suggest practicing learning how to time your pass rush jump better (jumping the snap) and using the button presses properly. Maybe you should turn on the visual aides for now to see the pass rush icons to better get a feel for it. But that is going hand in hand with your lack of pass defense. If you are near getting pressure you are a dead duck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersd26
Hey Armor, in your CFM House Rules, when you bring up contract amounts are you talking about per year or total $$$ over the course of the contract?
- When it comes to QB contracts those are per year amounts and when it comes to 30% bonus. I am talking about the total amount of the contract. So if a player wants 40 million over 3 years that means 12 million in total is to be paid on bonus over 3 years (4 million per year in bonus money).

Answers in bold.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23