View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #1403
HubichYercocov
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Now...I'm a bit surprised that Cole/Mathis are struggling since they were both ends at some point IRL (so, either the issue is something else or they're not well rated for the conversion). Coach scheme matters here too....obviously, they need to be set to speed rush. I also think going to attacking 43 versus base 43 can help a bit.

Your description of mashing buttons leads me to believe that your issue is more your execution than anything (I do the same when I get frustrated and it tends to make matters worse). But I would take a look at your scheme and your guys' ratings to make sure that isn't the issue.
Thanks for the suggestions. The only reasons I drafted Cole and Mathis to convert to Ends were in fact because they were Ends previously, I figured it was somewhat realistic. I will take a look at my scheme but I believe I am an attacking 4-3 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
- Spamming the buttons is a huge part of the problem. Unless you time your jump with the R2 button it is futile. Also knowing which move is highly rated (or both for elite pass rushers who can bull and speed rush like Mack) helps. I am not having issues getting a pass rush. With the latest tweaks I have made sacks are earned for the most part. Sometimes they are quick sacks based on getting a great jump, having he right blitz and coverage called, or a coverage sack and not giving up on the play. The NFL today is a pure passing league and pass defense has been neutered to the point of ridiculous IMO. Madden is also representing this evolution of the game.....and also it is a video game and we all must remember that too. It will not replicate real life all the time. I suggest practicing learning how to time your pass rush jump better (jumping the snap) and using the button presses properly. Maybe you should turn on the visual aides for now to see the pass rush icons to better get a feel for it. But that is going hand in hand with your lack of pass defense. If you are near getting pressure you are a dead duck.
Thanks for the response.

I have found that spamming is not the answer and having more success with timing (though I have lowered the CPU pass blocking to be more in line with my skill level).

I think I have to play around with the Pass D sliders though as I am still being carved up for 80% completion rate whether I blitz or not, zone or man, the receivers just find open space or exploit a match up. I've noticed in 3 or 4 games, the opposing TE has caught over 10 passes for 100+ yards and I've yet to find an answer for it!