The Big Donny
Rookie

The Big Donny's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Rookie Sliders (It Works!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
The Big Donny.

Try turning even teams off in MM, if you have everything on default. I'm thinking that might have a negative effect. You might also try turning all helps off in MM as well.

Something else I've noticed since I stopped creating coaches for each team and setting both to 60/80 is that the CPU team DEF just doesn't seem very aggressive or playing as tight. When I next get a chance I will go with creating coaches for both teams, setting subs to 60/80 for as well as the adjustments I suggested above for MM.

I've been trying games with INJ at 51, FAT at 54 and most penalties at 51 (don't touch Block in he Back or Roughing the Passer, they are very sensitive). I've seen good rotation, more minor injuries (1-2 quarters) and a nice increase in penalties.

Let me know how you make out.

EDIT: If I remember correctly, you play CPU vs CPU. If so, you might want to stick with NORMAL speed and 50 THRESHOLD for now. When I first looked at this level, that is what I had it set to. Doing PTM, I saw some really great game play. I only started trying a higher speed and threshold because I was trying to see if I could make the game more challenging for active players.
Hey man,

Sorry had to run off to watch the Vikings get embarrassed on national TV

Just a few notes that I didn't include in my original post since I was pressed for time: I made sure Even Teams was off in the Main Menu since I've seen a few posts about that recently and I've experienced Main Menu settings affecting CFM before. This was the first game I've played with all assists/visual aids off as well, which explains the 2 big plays over my user controlled SS. What I didn't do though was remember to turn injuries back on. Maybe I'll try your tweaks to penalties etc. and turn injuries back on to see if that makes any difference. I actually do play HUM vs CPU so I was in control of all of my good plays (and bad). I really did enjoy the fast gameplay as it does require some quick decisions in running, passing, and coverage on defense. I'm definitely not abandoning ship after just 1 game.