View Single Post
Old 11-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #4195
Ren The Conqueror
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
Raider Ren - didn't want to quote both posts but yes I've been running with the new setup. 6-0 but the games against good teams feel like they should.

I was also interested in what you said about team construction. I played as Browns once with all madden sliders and went 16-0 in the second year so I gave that one up. But with the steelers I always trade Ben roethlisberger, William gay, Lawrence Timmons, mike Mitchell, Arthur moats, ect... Anyone close to 30 who is good enough to get a mid - high draft pick back. But then I trade those picks for rookies who aren't starting on their teams. I know a lot of house rules say don't trade for rookies, but it keeps year one interesting for me. My team is usually 79 overall to start but as you say, the overall ratings for players aren't always a true indication of what you see on the field in a game. Do you think my team is too dominant if I have, say, Karl Joseph, jaylon smith, and Leonard Floyd on defense combined with the young players on my team? Yes I know it's cheesy to trade for rookies that would never happen irl but it they're always rated lower, overall, than the players I traded away.
Well you have a high ceiling with those three young defensive players, but if it makes it fun for you go for it. But going back to player ratings, they may have a lower overall rating than the guys that you traded away, but they may have an equivalent or higher rating in a attributes that are pertinent to their respective positions, so keep that in mind.

At the end of the day it's still all-pro. Edge goes to the user over the CPU. You will win 75-80% of your games. That's just the nature of all-pro. I do have one update to the set that I'm going to make. I'll provide it in a separate post.
Advertisements - Register to remove