View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 11:24 PM   #65
BryceDouglasRules
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
...that's the whole point of this entire archetype system. It's ALL gimmicky.

The problem with the 'proposition' is that it changes the ENTIRE shooting system to include ALL shots once the ball hits the floor. You simply move the problem to another archetype. And, in that instance, you create an even BIGGER problem in that you create an archetype that become the 'do-it-all' that everyone cries about.

Personally, I don't care, but if that change happens, I'd give it two weeks before this place is flooded with 'Shot Creators are OP!' topics. You go from one archetype that can shoot well from standing shots and decent from off-the-dribble shots and can do nothing else well, to an archetype that, once the ball touches the floor, has a 90+ rating to all their shots PLUS mid 80s driving layups AND mid 70s dunks.

Now, which one do you think will become more problematic?
The difference is I don't sweat bullets because you crossed half court. And you're high you don't think there's ALREADY a tons of shot creators out there but NO ONE uses them hardly as they're supposed to. I played with a guy today who dribbled a lot and got himself open and only took standing midrange shots. Drove me insane because I'm on my big man and can't show him that fading is the ONLY way to get our shots off.

And you're talking about JUST shot creators. You know slashers and playmakers have high SOD rating but you don't see those guys fading every time because they don't NEED to.

And anyone that's played slasher knows they DESPERATELY need a secondary scoring threat. If a slasher could hit a 3 off a pick and roll that would make EVERYONE wanna play slasher.

Instead of hand cuffing every other archetype and having one do it all archetype, make all archetypes do it all again.

Slashers will NEVER excel in catch and shoot situations, they'll be the worst still. Play makers and shoot creators would stay the same. But now everyone BUT sharp shooters can shoot off the dribble and sharp shooters are forced to play catch and shoot, your arguing this?

Right now if RTTF started today I guarantee you the winners would be 3 sharp shooters and 2 stretch bigs and anyone who DIDN'T have that line up gets blown out by 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove