View Single Post
Old 11-17-2016, 11:34 PM   #68
Caelumfang
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryceDouglasRules
The difference is I don't sweat bullets because you crossed half court. And you're high you don't think there's ALREADY a tons of shot creators out there but NO ONE uses them hardly as they're supposed to. I played with a guy today who dribbled a lot and got himself open and only took standing midrange shots. Drove me insane because I'm on my big man and can't show him that fading is the ONLY way to get our shots off.

And you're talking about JUST shot creators. You know slashers and playmakers have high SOD rating but you don't see those guys fading every time because they don't NEED to.

And anyone that's played slasher knows they DESPERATELY need a secondary scoring threat. If a slasher could hit a 3 off a pick and roll that would make EVERYONE wanna play slasher.

Instead of hand cuffing every other archetype and having one do it all archetype, make all archetypes do it all again.

Slashers will NEVER excel in catch and shoot situations, they'll be the worst still. Play makers and shoot creators would stay the same. But now everyone BUT sharp shooters can shoot off the dribble and sharp shooters are forced to play catch and shoot, your arguing this?

Right now if RTTF started today I guarantee you the winners would be 3 sharp shooters and 2 stretch bigs and anyone who DIDN'T have that line up gets blown out by 30.
That's their fault for making a playstyle and not knowing how to use it.

I'm using Shot Creators because that's what the suggested adjustment would benefit the most. They'd literally go from 'having to take gimmicky shots to score well' to 'every shot that ISN'T a catch-and-shoot becomes 90+.' And because of their other offensive ratings, they become the 'do-it-all' archetype on offense, as long as they don't catch-and-shoot. I already have my SC in the wings waiting just in case.

If they make all archetypes 'do-it-all' again, I don't really care if the do or don't. But the suggestion made is, IMO, stupid. That makes Sharpshooters even more ridiculously easy to guard, and makes Shot Creators extremely more difficult to stop. But hey, if people want that change, go for it. I'll just be here watching the board get flooded with new 'OP archetype' topics.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 11-17-2016 at 11:37 PM.