View Single Post
Old 11-18-2016, 05:18 AM   #71
hanzsomehanz
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: A very simple and easy way to restore balance to Park/Pro-Am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caelumfang
That's their fault for making a playstyle and not knowing how to use it.

I'm using Shot Creators because that's what the suggested adjustment would benefit the most. They'd literally go from 'having to take gimmicky shots to score well' to 'every shot that ISN'T a catch-and-shoot becomes 90+.' And because of their other offensive ratings, they become the 'do-it-all' archetype on offense, as long as they don't catch-and-shoot. I already have my SC in the wings waiting just in case.

If they make all archetypes 'do-it-all' again, I don't really care if the do or don't. But the suggestion made is, IMO, stupid. That makes Sharpshooters even more ridiculously easy to guard, and makes Shot Creators extremely more difficult to stop. But hey, if people want that change, go for it. I'll just be here watching the board get flooded with new 'OP archetype' topics.
The two points you made are valid and intelligible.

If it's about mitigating the swelling: creating another monster is not a fix. I do deem the concern you allude to doesn't end the case for balance outright: it makes us mindful, precisely. The conversation itself is still productive albeit limited to being more of a brainstorming discussion for improvements in 2k18 should the archetypes return.

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove