Old 11-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #52
Krebstar
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry
Re: aggression. This is really just down to a lack of depth to the options in FIFA for tactics. Take arsenal for example. Sure when they lose the ball in the other teams end they will press with high aggression. But when the other team has possession in their end they do drop off and contain a bit more. Fifa doesn't give us the option to choose varying aggression levels just the universal. Setting. Krebstar does a great job of walking this tightrope and gets the teams playing differently and truer to real life. But we are still limited in our options. I also find post patch teams can still have a low aggression setting and tackle well and the aggression refers more to team behaviour rather then lack of tackling.

I agree—my dream is they give us more options, but for now we have to work with what we have.

Re: extreme values. I am finding that post patch teams seem to adhereing much better to their CTT even at default tactic levels.. I know that is also the findings of the boys over in the community sliders thread. Are you finding that krebstar? And could that mean extreme values might exaggerate effects and become overpowering? Just a thought.
I haven't experienced it too much, as it's still not easy to get teams to play very direct with long balls. But my version of extreme might be different to someone else's.

I do believe that the default tactics are incredibly flawed. Just last night when looking at some, I couldn’t believe how random and middle of the road they were. Claiming anything positive happens as a result of the default tactics, regardless of the slider settings just seems off to me.

I do not follow the community sliders thread closely, though—I just pop in to grab the newest updates as I’ve switched my focus to tactics after banging my head into a wall with sliders already this year.