Home

Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

This is a discussion on Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17] within the EA Sports FC and FIFA forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-19-2016, 09:08 AM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Projec10: Custom AI Tactics & Formations [FIFA 17]

Hi!

Will be any change/update to the "interceptions" instruction? I noticed all are at "Normal". Maybe a way to set it would be checking the amount of cards/fouls a player commits vs the average for his field position.

Cheers!
Old 11-19-2016, 09:14 AM   #50
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry
Also..question on your method to clear things up. Is there a reason that you stick to multiples of 5? I was thinking of adding a bit of variance to the values to add to small potential variances in game play. Do you find that only multiples of 5 show an effect?
I find it just works for simplicity. Values of 1-2 don't often see to have much of an impact, so working in multiples of 5 help more easily think about tactics and not make it overly complicated. Should that setting be 22? 24?! Eh, just put it at 20 or 25 and call it good. At some point it's nice to play the game and not just set it up, so the less to stop progress, the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bostonchipster
Was imputing Liverpool's formation, and the 3 in the front have winger and forward instructions in the game, but attacking midfielder instructions in Projec10. Any way to change them to those instructions? Thanks!
You need to edit the player positions in the formation and set them to those positions. Using default formation settings will not work for most of the tactics in Projec10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKO92
I don't think that's what he uses because Arsenal is listed as a non-aggressive team, yet Krebstar gave them 60 for aggression.
I try and look at interceptions, fouls, and tackles. The issue is that teams who often hold more possession might have fewer fouls and interceptions due to them having so much more of the ball.

Arsenal does need to be adjusted, they should have lower aggression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricardodc
Hi!

Will be any change/update to the "interceptions" instruction? I noticed all are at "Normal". Maybe a way to set it would be checking the amount of cards/fouls a player commits vs the average for his field position.

Cheers!
As of now I've always set them as normal to not unnecessarily pull players out of position, something which FIFA typically has issue with in general.

Could be adjusted moving forward, though.
Old 11-19-2016, 09:35 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

Re: aggression. This is really just down to a lack of depth to the options in FIFA for tactics. Take arsenal for example. Sure when they lose the ball in the other teams end they will press with high aggression. But when the other team has possession in their end they do drop off and contain a bit more. Fifa doesn't give us the option to choose varying aggression levels just the universal. Setting. Krebstar does a great job of walking this tightrope and gets the teams playing differently and truer to real life. But we are still limited in our options. I also find post patch teams can still have a low aggression setting and tackle well and the aggression refers more to team behaviour rather then lack of tackling.

Re: extreme values. I am finding that post patch teams seem to adhereing much better to their CTT even at default tactic levels.. I know that is also the findings of the boys over in the community sliders thread. Are you finding that krebstar? And could that mean extreme values might exaggerate effects and become overpowering? Just a thought.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 10:02 AM   #52
is looking at stats.

Krebstar's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by aterry
Re: aggression. This is really just down to a lack of depth to the options in FIFA for tactics. Take arsenal for example. Sure when they lose the ball in the other teams end they will press with high aggression. But when the other team has possession in their end they do drop off and contain a bit more. Fifa doesn't give us the option to choose varying aggression levels just the universal. Setting. Krebstar does a great job of walking this tightrope and gets the teams playing differently and truer to real life. But we are still limited in our options. I also find post patch teams can still have a low aggression setting and tackle well and the aggression refers more to team behaviour rather then lack of tackling.

I agree—my dream is they give us more options, but for now we have to work with what we have.

Re: extreme values. I am finding that post patch teams seem to adhereing much better to their CTT even at default tactic levels.. I know that is also the findings of the boys over in the community sliders thread. Are you finding that krebstar? And could that mean extreme values might exaggerate effects and become overpowering? Just a thought.
I haven't experienced it too much, as it's still not easy to get teams to play very direct with long balls. But my version of extreme might be different to someone else's.

I do believe that the default tactics are incredibly flawed. Just last night when looking at some, I couldn’t believe how random and middle of the road they were. Claiming anything positive happens as a result of the default tactics, regardless of the slider settings just seems off to me.

I do not follow the community sliders thread closely, though—I just pop in to grab the newest updates as I’ve switched my focus to tactics after banging my head into a wall with sliders already this year.
Old 11-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krebstar
I haven't experienced it too much, as it's still not easy to get teams to play very direct with long balls. But my version of extreme might be different to someone else's.

I do believe that the default tactics are incredibly flawed. Just last night when looking at some, I couldn’t believe how random and middle of the road they were. Claiming anything positive happens as a result of the default tactics, regardless of the slider settings just seems off to me.

I do not follow the community sliders thread closely, though—I just pop in to grab the newest updates as I’ve switched my focus to tactics after banging my head into a wall with sliders already this year.
Totally agree too many tactics are middle of the road and need adjusting. Just wondering if an 80 might do where 100 was used before. But yeah the community sliders boys are finding that default sliders are almost bang on post patch with only minor tweaks. I'm testing today to see if long ball teams can still play long at slightly lower levels because I am finding that often long ball teams are playing long balls before anyone is set to challenge for them making it very easy to defend them. don't want the CPU to play to the tactic even when it makes no sense. And maybe the extreme settings have nothing to do with that. Would love to have proper explanations on the settings but alas .
Old 11-19-2016, 10:20 AM   #54
Rookie

Also get the feeling that the adjustment of formations for each team instead of every team using default formations is as important to getting variance as the CTT so kudos to the work done to get those correct and playing great.
Old 11-19-2016, 06:55 PM   #55
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

I've updated Roma's tactic, changing the aggression to 30.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-19-2016, 08:11 PM   #56
Rookie

KingKO92's Arena

Player Instructions
LCB Chiellini - Attacking Support: Join the Attack
- Interceptions: Normal
CB Barzagli - Attacking Support: Stay Back
RCB Bonucci - Attacking Support: Join the Attack
CDM Hernanes - Defensive Behavior: Balanced
- Attacking Support: Balanced
LM Sandro - Defensive Support: Come Back
- Chance Creation: Balanced
- Support Runs: Get in Behind
- Support on Crosses: Edge of the Box
- Positioning Freedom: Stick to Position
LCM Pjanic - Attacking Support: Balanced
- Positioning Freedom: Free Roam
RCM Khedira - Attacking Support: Balanced
- Support on Crosses: Get in the Box
RM Alves - Defensive Support: Come Back
- Chance Creation: Balanced
- Support Runs: Get in Behind
CF Dybala - Support Runs: Drift Wide
- Attacking Runs: False 9
- Defensive Pressing: Balanced
ST Higuain - Support Runs: Balanced
- Attacking Runs: Target Man
- Defensive Pressing: Balanced

Team Tactics
Speed - 1
Passing - 1
Positioning - Organised
Passing - 5
Crossing - 85
Shooting - 1
Positioning - Free Form
Pressure - 35
Aggression - 30
Width - 50

Lineup Builder won't correctly upload the formation, so it will come in the following comment (unless someone else comments.
Juve fans, please verify.

Last edited by KingKO92; 11-20-2016 at 05:31 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA »