View Single Post
Old 11-22-2016, 01:09 AM   #17
superplex
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: superplex does wwe2k17 The Reality Era

THE RAW REPORT

This was another show that started fairly slow, but finished strong. To Foleys credit, Raw has been putting on some credible main events. The Finn Balor/Rusev program entices me much more than the Fatal Fourway angle. While I do think its a little too early for Balor to be busting out the Demong drag, it still be a damn good fight. Charlotte and Becky Lynch once again provided CPR to the show. Im really not sure why Charlotte would take this fight. Even with it being a non title fight, shes still running the risk of getting hurt or at the very least losing momentum heading in to Extreme Rules. The last two spots in the Fatal Fourway were filled by Mark Henry and Sami Zayn. Proof that anything can happen, and a superstar can win on any given day. Im happy to see Zayn get a push, but id prefer Mark Henry hang out until the winner of Sheamus and Strowman is decided. Henry did look good tho. Id say he has a little more than an outside shot at winning the title on sunday. Now for the stocks….

STOCK REPORT
Sami Zayn UP- The underdog of the underground is getting his first ever title shot this sunday. He showed the world how resilient he can be when he came back from near coma to pick up the win against Owens and Cesaro. He has a helluva mountain ahead of him, but at least hes been given the proper gear to begin his climb
Mark Henry UP- He literally came out of nowhere. Many had forgotten (including me) that he was even drafted by Raw in the first place. While he looked a little slower than his 2009 form, he still had that power thats second to none. Hes always one Worlds Strongest Slam from winning, so we may be on the cusp of another Hall of Pain title run. Naaaaaah? Right?
Charlotte Flair UP- She has been having great matches left and right. Accepting the match with Becky Lynch speaks to her willingness to step up, any place, any time. I have nothing but respect for the self proclaimed Queen of Raw.
Cesaro DOWN- He is finally getting a push. The Authority are running with him as the number two guy in the company. At least thats what theyre hoping for. Theyre going to have to hold that thought until at least after sunday, as Cesaro couldnt secure a spot in the championship bout. One could wonder why Rollins didnt try and help Cesaro pick up the win. It was no DQ…
Golden Truth DOWN- Many were hopeful that the alliance of R Truth and Goldust would prove to be successful. However, lately theyve been reduced to more of a comedy act. The Club, whom is a legit contender in the tag division, tore through The Golden Truth with absolute ease. This team better start to click soon or theyll find themselves wrestling at Full Sail infront of a lot less people.
Darren Young DOWN- He lost to Titus. The end.

The Rumor Mill
Raw is still in talks with several stars who will soon be free agents. The WWE has been tight lipped, but I was able to verify that one of the wrestlers in negotiations is Adam Cole. Raw is doubling up since they lost the bidding war for Kurt Angle. Adam Cole wouldnt have the immediate impact that Angle provides, but Cole has much more to offer long term. With the sudden succes of guys like Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn, indie darlings have been in high demand. WWE is doing a good job capitalizing on the free agent market while TNA is still imploding behind the scenes. In other news, a few sources who were in The Authoritys dressing room during the airing of Raw have come forward with information that Seth Rollins was suppose to do whatever he had to do to guarantee Cesaro got the fourth spot. Instead, its being reported that Rollins grabbed his bags and left the arena moments before Cesaros match started. Is Rollins worried that Cesaro could take his spot? Will Triple H, who hates losing, reprimand The Architect? Staaaaaaay Tuuuuuuuuuned.

Fight of The Night
Easy, Flair v. Lynch. This match was pretty incredible considering it was a match on cable. Lynch could have won twice with the Dis-Arm-Her, but call it fate or whatever, Flair happened to land by the ropes both times. Thats either bad luck, or terrible ring presence on Beckys behalf. I liked that Flair won clean, and didnt need Danas help at all. Sasha Banks v. Flair could steal the show at Extreme Rules.

Overall Shows Grade
B--- The card was actually pretty dull outside of the last two matches. The Jericho, Neville, Henry match was cool, but what the hell… nobody wanted Henry to win. Like I said, I would much rather Henry wait for the winner of Sheamus and Strowman. I guess we get a Jericho and Neville blow off. While the feud hasnt been electrifying, it has put more eyes on The Man That Gravity Forgot. Raw is building his star power, I just dont want them to kill Jerichos in the process. Flair v. Lynch was a great back n forth exhibition. Both ladies looked like champions. Banks v. Flair will be nuts. The main event was pretty legit. I was absolutely sure Cesaro was going to grab the fourth spot. Im not upset as i am a big fan of El Generico, and would love to see him capture some of that NXT magic again.