View Single Post
Old 12-29-2016, 06:32 PM   #48
harryl
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: TBT packs

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Once you start comparing players who have 90 and above shooting ratings, animations and secondary/tertiary skills should be the deciding factor in picking the right person for your lineup.
I totally agree with all this and that it's important to keep in mind.

If one can put aside Petrovic's respectable defense, I would maybe prefer to just play Kiki, due to Kiki's very respectable post game.

On a related note, I'm finding that I really don't care much for Curry at all this year. I really appreciated how fast his release was, last year. I got a feel for it as muscle memory timing and never gauged it by any visual cue because, honestly, my reflexes aren't good enough for that.

This year, he's so much slower and slower than even other players and that nerfs his ability to shoot uncontested off the dribble to a significant extent, I think.

I really appreciated how fast Horry's shot is, though he's not good enough all-around to continue to use. And I'm also liking how fast Carmelo's shot is, though I find it tricky to not overshoot. But Carmelo throwing up threes after rolling off a screen is not really what I want to be doing. Wish I could feel better doing that more with Curry.