Old 01-04-2017, 07:55 PM   #2641
roadman
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmetcalfe
If I may I would like to add another prospective on what I'm seeing through 3 seasons of slider adjustment as far as the passing game is concerned.

I'm playing with a few friends and the big problem was the passing is just to easy(All Pro). So on top of turning QB accuracy to 4 I started playing with the WR catch slider. As soon as went down just a few points it seemed to tighten up the pass D.

The reason I'm convinced it's the WR catch slider that made a difference is because going into our 4th season we decided to try Simfballcritics sliders I found online. The big thing that stands out is he has threshold at 0 and WR catch at 75. After changing to this everyone in the league could easily put 50 on the CPU.

I thought this was do to the threshold but we went back to our previous sliders leaving threshold at 0 and everyone was back to feeling the same level of difficulty passing against the CPU.

Obviously a big problem is the QB accuracy is whacked but on top of that is the WR catch slider the key to making the passing more difficult?
I think some of this is that we have all different skill levels with the joysticks. I tried Josh's new settings on all pro and I control Arod. He ended up with 68% passing and there were a few throws off the mark and some pass break ups. 68% passing with ARod is pretty realistic for me. My issues with the previous set was Arod ending with 72% passing with 3 int's.

I'm the same way with the FG issues, I tend to miss FG's that are more than 40 yds.

I feel that if you tinker in one area of the game, you might be tinkering with other areas of the game that you might not be even aware of.

I'll let Josh answer the WR question, but I would think lowering the WR slider would lower the chances of catching a ball. I don't recall seeing the WR slider lower than 43 from the past Maddens with slider makers.

Last edited by roadman; 01-04-2017 at 07:57 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove