View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 08:39 AM   #9
OhDaesu19
Inside The NFL

OhDaesu19's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: TOO MUCH HANG TIME ON FLY BALLS

This has been a pet peeve of mine. I only play online franchise so I cannot speak to offline. Sliders do make an impact. I reduced fielder's speed one notch and reaction one notch. I reduced power THREE notches and increased solid hits two notches. I have found we still hit HRs but there are many more hits in the gaps that go for doubles and triples AND "normal" singles that fall in FRONT of the OFs like in real life as in game too many singles were of the ground ball variety thru the infield. I am very happy with the results plus we now score many more runs without the use of the HR. Prior it felt like 95% of all runs came via the long ball. We use All Star hitting, yes All Star and HOF pitching. Hitting of HOF (again in online franchise) feels way too muted regardless of sliders...too many weak fly balls, pop up, dribblers, broken bats, etc. I play in three online leagues so it's easier to compare and All Star hitting with adjusted sliders simply feels much more organic. We still great a great mix of scores...