Old 01-27-2017, 11:46 AM   #2878
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffking
Hey Josh.... I see you've been working with tdawg... are you using his XP sliders now or have you kept them on default?
I'm still using default, but more because I haven't gone back to test them out. He's been testing with his XP sliders and it seems to be fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
The only area I prefer is in turning the OPI and KCI to "off". I get a better overall defensive game. Lower scoring--less total yds/gm. You are better at noticing the more intricate details of line blocking and warping. No matter what changes I make (usually stick to your changes), I always resort to turning these two back off. Something to watch.

-On a side note, on my Xbox I still keep your original auto subs and I swear the game still plays amazing I just don't play it as much since it's in the basement and the PS4 is upstairs. I've debating plugging them in with your up to date changes just to see how it plays.
I've veered away from turning off OPI and KCI this year for very specific reasons. KCI has been resulting in pursuit glitches (like the LBs stopping when in pursuit and then running the wrong way). Autostrafe on has a similar affect as turning off KCI (giving guys a bit more 'read') without the pursuit glitches.

King swears by OPI "off" and he and I have had some discussions offline. My observation is that it weakens coverage by artificially moving offensive players around defenders in CB/WR interactions (almost like it forms a 'bubble' around the receiver). King feels that it results in more variation at the point of reception (i.e. receiver not catching always getting the ball in the 'sweet spot'). I have not been able to replicate that observation and thus feel that the downsides are not worth the possible improvements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Really interesting. Can't wait to give these a go. Never in a million years would I have anticipated you adjusting the MM injury below 50. Much less below the default of 10. In Josh we trust! lol. Only difference I plan to employ is using 12 min clock with accelerated clock set at 20 seconds. I don't think that will have an impact on results but with this game you never really know.
Clock length should be fine.

The injury slider thing was interesting for sure. The one thing I couldn't escape was that it had such a dramatic impact on the gameplay (especially with respect to tackle variety). Once it dawned on me that it might be similar to penalty sliders (with "1" being "on" w/o the gameplay effect); it started to make sense how we could minimize its impact. I think that the results will speak for themselves.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-27-2017 at 11:49 AM.