View Single Post
Old 02-19-2017, 04:47 PM   #1181
golfwang1600
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeroscorp
Is it just me or are there some player archetypes that are NEVER draftable? In five seasons, I'm yet to see a One Cut HB, Route Running WR, Blocking TE, Zone OL, Nose Tackle, 3-4 Run Stopper DE, or Cover 2 LB even become a red chip. To take it even farther, I'm yet to see a red chip CB make it out of the first round. Are the standards too high for those positions or have I had an unusual run of bad luck?

If the former, what archetypes DO seem to get better players? I've noticed Power HBs and Run Blocking OL, in particular, seem to have plenty.
My blue chip one cut RB (Round 6...best late draft player I've ever drafted) just got MVP so maybe you just get unlucky there? Power RBs tend to have good scouted skills, but then their acceleration often brings them to DND from combine scores I've noticed. I do agree with Blocking TE (can make decent FBs though) and Cover 2 LB , their grades tend to be pretty darn low.

I have no proof or knowledge but I feel like the Cover 2 LBs have high "hidden" coverage ratings? Anyone know if that is true? I've gotten a blue chip CB in the 3rd before, but it is really rare and even more frustrating is how 9/10 Prototype CBs are garbage, but I think this is probably for the best as explained below.

CB, in particular, you can draft DND players later on if they had a great combine and have no less than a "C" scouted anywhere. I've had a C+ in zone and press with a C in man coverage end up being my CB #2 after two seasons and maxed out at 80 overall, started at like 70 or something. I personally think that CB is probably the biggest exception group to the tool because, like you said, usually only the 1st rounders are gonna grade very good. Just like in the NFL guys aren't always immediate starters, but doesn't mean they are worth drafting. Can't teach Speed!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove