Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM   #1184
eamays
Rookie

eamays's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfwang1600
Most of the time you can change within position groups A-OK! 3-4 OLB Pass Rushers can come down and play DE in a 4-3 more often than not as well. Most likely the dude you are talking about is around 300 lbs. so it is certainly realistic for him to be a DT in a 4-3 or a DE in a 3-4, for example.

If he is not close to or over 300 pounds though I'd be careful because there is a semi-proven "fat 5" theory that essentially states the initial push at snap has a weight/strength roll for the engaging linemen. If you have a 250 pound DT he may just get blown off the line every play even if he has 90 strength. Good block shed will have him recover, but the play has most likely already gone for 3 yards or so at that point.

But yea, I make DE's DT's in the tool quite a bit if they are 290/295+ with 32+ reps, but label their original position in (___) in their name field so I won't reach because of the adjusted OVR.
golfwang1600,
That's a great idea to add their original position to the name field in the spreadsheet. As I come across prospects that should slide better to another position (slow but tall WR to TE, strong 290+ lbs DE to DT, etc) I've been keeping them on a separate Google Sheet, but your method would work much better....and as luck would have it, I will be entering the combine stats today. Thanks for the suggestion.