View Single Post
Old 02-21-2017, 07:23 PM   #12
tessl
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Updated Fielding - Outfielders

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_MaYiMbE
1. Schwarber had knee surgery after shredding his knee like pulled pork and this was his 4th game back since April (video is from November). He might be slowest person on planet right now, definitely slowest player on either team at the time of this game....Bad example.

2. The ball did not get to the corner, it was to the right of the RF but definitely not in the corner. The ball bounced right back to Chisenhall, who scoped it on bounce of the wall and turned and fired to nab, again....The slowest guy in the building.

Again.....Just how the infielders will take their time when Schwaber grounds out to them, the outfielders should take their time when they field ball off the wall and runner is already half way to 2B and they have plus speed.....The OF should be smart enough to concede the double and focus on keeping runner on 2B, you do that by hitting your cutoff man.

From LF the ball is in front of the runner as he moves into 2B, if cutoff man has the ball he will pull up and not round the base.

I am not saying there shouldn't be attempts to nail the guy going to 2B, what I am saying is there shouldn't be attempts on "guaranteed doubles" that are down the line, in corner, with a plus runner, who busted it out the box.
The announcer said "shot into the right field corner by Schwarber" and Pollock was easily safe at second. The second baseman was 6 feet from the bag when Pollock's hand was on the bag and the ball was 15 feet from the second baseman. The second baseman didn't even attempt a tag. It wasn't a close play. Looks perfectly realistic to me.

https://youtu.be/LrTmMMdvnK4?t=108

Me thinks thou dost protest to much.