Old 02-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #3171
greed8819
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Theoretically, yes, you could go higher (in previous versions of madden, I went as high as 70-75).

One thing I noticed was that the higher you go, the more of a boost both O-lines get relative to the defensive line. You could reach a state where the differentiation EA built-in to the lineplay could be severely muted; frankly, I have concerns that we already see that to a degree at 50 and anything that takes away from player ratings is a bad thing IMO. As always, my goal is to play "against the teams, not against the sliders".

My advice is this: try to get 6-8 games with the OP set first and see how it works for you; provided that you don't "cheese", you should see a variety of outcomes based on ratings. However, if it just doesn't work for you, it is not unreasonable to go with a higher value as a means of artificially boosting difficulty; but it will come at the expense of player ratings meaning less and less. If you can live with that, go for it.

Edit: just to put it differently....if I had "perfect, ratings-based gameplay" but I found it too easy when playing a sim style, this would be the first avenue I would explore ...it is far better than the other archaic options out there (i.e. like adjusting gameplay sliders (...shudder....) or going to All Madden). I realize my original reply made it sound like this big, horrible thing...it really isn't, it is the lesser of all the evils.
It's funny you had said that I think that's exactly what I am seeing prior to the change of 50 my defensive line was playing extremely well now it seems the computers offensive line is overpowering my d-line..... interesting
Advertisements - Register to remove