Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:36 PM   #3169
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by greed8819
Josh I totally see the difference with the injury being raised to 50, the CPU is tougher on both sides of the ball. Quick question on that though.... could it be raised more and have the CPU play even harder or would it throw things out of balance?
Theoretically, yes, you could go higher (in previous versions of madden, I went as high as 70-75).

One thing I noticed was that the higher you go, the more of a boost both O-lines get relative to the defensive line. You could reach a state where the differentiation EA built-in to the lineplay could be severely muted; frankly, I have concerns that we already see that to a degree at 50 and anything that takes away from player ratings is a bad thing IMO. As always, my goal is to play "against the teams, not against the sliders".

My advice is this: try to get 6-8 games with the OP set first and see how it works for you; provided that you don't "cheese", you should see a variety of outcomes based on ratings. However, if it just doesn't work for you, it is not unreasonable to go with a higher value as a means of artificially boosting difficulty; but it will come at the expense of player ratings meaning less and less. If you can live with that, go for it.

Edit: just to put it differently....if I had "perfect, ratings-based gameplay" but I found it too easy when playing a sim style, this would be the first avenue I would explore ...it is far better than the other archaic options out there (i.e. like adjusting gameplay sliders (...shudder....) or going to All Madden). I realize my original reply made it sound like this big, horrible thing...it really isn't, it is the lesser of all the evils.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 02-21-2017 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #3170
Rookie

greed8819's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Theoretically, yes, you could go higher (in previous versions of madden, I went as high as 70-75).

One thing I noticed was that the higher you go, the more of a boost both O-lines get relative to the defensive line. You could reach a state where the differentiation EA built-in to the lineplay could be severely muted; frankly, I have concerns that we already see that to a degree at 50 and anything that takes away from player ratings is a bad thing IMO. As always, my goal is to play "against the teams, not against the sliders".

My advice is this: try to get 6-8 games with the OP set first and see how it works for you; provided that you don't "cheese", you should see a variety of outcomes based on ratings. However, if it just doesn't work for you, it is not unreasonable to go with a higher value as a means of artificially boosting difficulty; but it will come at the expense of player ratings meaning less and less. If you can live with that, go for it.

Edit: just to put it differently....if I had "perfect, ratings-based gameplay" but I found it too easy when playing a sim style, this would be the first avenue I would explore ...it is far better than the other archaic options out there (i.e. like adjusting gameplay sliders (...shudder....) or going to All Madden). I realize my original reply made it sound like this big, horrible thing...it really isn't, it is the lesser of all the evils.
It's funny you had said that I think that's exactly what I am seeing prior to the change of 50 my defensive line was playing extremely well now it seems the computers offensive line is overpowering my d-line..... interesting
Old 02-21-2017, 11:13 PM   #3171
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

In that case Josh, do you think it would still work and be balanced if I lowered it from 50? I want the D-Lines to have more pressure than they have now.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 01:32 AM   #3172
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Bankhead
In that case Josh, do you think it would still work and be balanced if I lowered it from 50? I want the D-Lines to have more pressure than they have now.
Yeah...I think the default value of 10 is the most "balanced"...probably better without assists "on" if you go down that road.
Old 02-22-2017, 02:22 AM   #3173
Rookie

Big Bankhead's Arena

Quote:
Yeah...I think the default value of 10 is the most "balanced"...probably better without assists "on" if you go down that road.
Thanks for the reply.
"If you look good, you feel good. If you feel good, you play good. If you play good, they pay good." - Deion Sanders #21

Ravens!
Lakers!
Yankees!

PSN: Spartan387
XBGT: KobraTheKing
Old 02-22-2017, 02:31 PM   #3174
Banned

Aye josh so just leave it at 10 or lower
Old 02-22-2017, 02:56 PM   #3175
Pro

So its better to leave it at 10 injuries/1 Fatigue and without assists on?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk

Last edited by PanthersFan89; 02-22-2017 at 03:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-22-2017, 07:12 PM   #3176
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerdatt39
Aye josh so just leave it at 10 or lower
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanthersFan89
So its better to leave it at 10 injuries/1 Fatigue and without assists on?

Sent from my KIW-L24 using Tapatalk
To both of you....give it a shot and see what you prefer.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »