Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 01:27 PM   #2769
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Wait, but according to your slider set original post, the vertical passing scheme is really heavy running I thought. Maybe I'm confused though.
I think zone run is your main passing vertical scheme and vertical is a more run based vertical scheme.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-16-2017, 03:33 PM   #2770
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
I'll pay attention to this when I get a chance to play today and give some feedback on it. I didn't notice it before but wasn't really paying attention because I was geeking out on the run game lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app
Lol to the geek out reference...I've been doing it too....the run black dynamics (and even pass block to a degree) are so much better now..

The warp catches are pretty egregious when they've happened to me so far, they should be pretty noticeable if they are occurring for you. The ball will be a yard or two ahead of the receiver and then a sped up catch animation will occur. If it hasn't stuck out to you yet, it may not be happening too often...which is good.
Old 01-16-2017, 05:32 PM   #2771
Rookie

OVR: 0

So after deleting my profile, CFM, and roster, I finally got the sliders to play nicely. They are a lot of fun on defense, I am seeing a great mix of results in both the passing and running game.

However, I am still finding the user offense to be too easy. If I play without coach mode I complete roughly 80% of passes where I make the right read, and my team completes a solid 75% even when on coach mode. Any suggestions to improve things?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 07:47 PM   #2772
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
That said....one thing is bugging me since making the switch to the 49IBB. I am seeing more 'warp catches'. The one thing I am exploring is turning the assists back off...it's cleaned it up, but I am not sure how well things will go overall without it on.

Josh--would another viable test option be to leave the assists on which is default but leave the mm injury slider at 10 (also default since the patch). Just trying to think of other possible ideas.
I am not doing the IBB at 49 in my settings, still doing original, see my lions game, all seem solid stats wise.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:55 PM   #2773
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersam515
However, I am still finding the user offense to be too easy. If I play without coach mode I complete roughly 80% of passes where I make the right read, and my team completes a solid 75% even when on coach mode. Any suggestions to improve things?
OK....so, I have offered you a lot of feedback so far...unfortunately, I can't do much more for you because you're not giving me enough detail. You're quoting some vague numbers and saying something is "too easy" without giving ANY detail as to what you are seeing that is resulting in that.

I find people in the "high comp %/passing too easy" niche typically fall into a couple of camps:
  • They have a setting that is wrong even though they continually insist it is dead-on. My buddy schnaidt just did this...it happens to all of us.
  • They call too many overpowered pass plays like meshes/crossing patterns and/or check down too much instead of using proper progression...gotta play sim to get sim.
  • They don't use the left stick and precision pass modifiers. Seriously....this one is really underrated. If you just push the pass icon button, passing is going to be easier...use the stick, use the precision modifiers (L1/L2)...it does add more to the challenge.
Without any further details on what it is you're seeing that could be a slider issue, this is all I can offer right now....
Old 01-16-2017, 08:28 PM   #2774
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaa1980
I am not doing the IBB at 49 in my settings, still doing original, see my lions game, all seem solid stats wise.
Stats lie! (Unless you really think Sam Bradford is the greatest QB of all time because he set the single season Completion % record....then, I will just shed a tear.....)

Seriously...you need to check this out my friend....the blocking dynamics are SO much more varied and realistic. You know I am "Mr. Default" this year....but this one change adds so much more to the game...

Barring a patch changing the lineplay dramatically, there is no way I could go back to default IBB after this...
Old 01-16-2017, 08:36 PM   #2775
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Stats lie! (Unless you really think Sam Bradford is the greatest QB of all time because he set the single season Completion % record....then, I will just shed a tear.....)

Seriously...you need to check this out my friend....the blocking dynamics are SO much more varied and realistic. You know I am "Mr. Default" this year....but this one change adds so much more to the game...

Barring a patch changing the lineplay dramatically, there is no way I could go back to default IBB after this...
I did try, but run game opened up way to much for my taste.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 08:41 PM   #2776
Rookie

Undefeated_72's Arena

OVR: 0

Just want to clarify since it's not mentioned in the OP, is switch assist supposed to be on or off? And what's the effect?

Last edited by Undefeated_72; 01-16-2017 at 08:49 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »