Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2017, 07:48 PM   #2689
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

General question to all of you...have you had the following experience? You make edits to your profile or whatever (let's say matching Josh's OP), and you play a game. It plays great. Stats and game play seem right. You get your hopes up. You save your CFM, come back later on and play the next game in your CFM, and suddenly, everything is different. Suddenly, the Madden BS comes back with ridiculous accurate QBs or whatever it is that drives you crazy. You think it's just a fluke. But the next game is more of the same. And the next game after that. It's like that first awesome game you played never existed, and you have no idea how to get it back, because the freakin' settings ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!

I just want to know if I'm the only one who's losing my mind about this. I have been testing variances of Josh's OP for around a week now, and every time I make a change, I have a good game, and then all the following games play like crap and I want to throw the controller. Am I alone here?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:14 PM   #2690
Rookie

Undefeated_72's Arena

OVR: 0

With the OP set now using default xp sliders again, are you still simming the weekly training or doing the "play it once and stick to that medal for the season thing" ?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:38 PM   #2691
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
General question to all of you...have you had the following experience? You make edits to your profile or whatever (let's say matching Josh's OP), and you play a game. It plays great. Stats and game play seem right. You get your hopes up. You save your CFM, come back later on and play the next game in your CFM, and suddenly, everything is different. Suddenly, the Madden BS comes back with ridiculous accurate QBs or whatever it is that drives you crazy. You think it's just a fluke. But the next game is more of the same. And the next game after that. It's like that first awesome game you played never existed, and you have no idea how to get it back, because the freakin' settings ARE EXACTLY THE SAME!

I just want to know if I'm the only one who's losing my mind about this. I have been testing variances of Josh's OP for around a week now, and every time I make a change, I have a good game, and then all the following games play like crap and I want to throw the controller. Am I alone here?
Never ever assess on the first game. I typically do the following to get a truer sense of how the tweaks are working:
1. Start game after making changes.
2. Exit game. Immediately go into the game select screen where you change uniforms. Do not start the game. The game will automate your CFM and profile. I believe that profile save is 'locking' the sliders in place.
3. Exit all the way back to the main menu. Then enter your CFM and play game as normal.

I ONLY do this after adjusting a setting...

It might be placebo, but I don't think so. Sometimes I don't do this after changing something and see warping or weird suction blocks. I exit the game and do this process...when I restart afterwards, I don't see it again.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-09-2017 at 08:41 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 08:39 PM   #2692
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undefeated_72
With the OP set now using default xp sliders again, are you still simming the weekly training or doing the "play it once and stick to that medal for the season thing" ?
Personal preference, but I just sim it...
Old 01-09-2017, 10:00 PM   #2693
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Never ever assess on the first game. I typically do the following to get a truer sense of how the tweaks are working:
2. Exit game. Immediately go into the game select screen where you change uniforms. Do not start the game. The game will automate your CFM and profile. I believe that profile save is 'locking' the sliders in place.
3. Exit all the way back to the main menu. Then enter your CFM and play game as normal.

It might be placebo, but I don't think so. Sometimes I don't do this after changing something and see warping or weird suction blocks. I exit the game and do this process...when I restart afterwards, I don't see it again.

Hope this helps.
Thanks, Josh. I actually always do #1 and #2 above for those same reasons. Never did #3 though. I will try that next time.
Old 01-10-2017, 11:53 AM   #2694
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
Josh the only thing with your sliders is that i'm not getting any penalties called with them being at 50 default.

Are you getting some called?
I generally see between 8-10 total per game.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:36 PM   #2695
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Some pics of my game against panthers in game 1, year 2 of my Falcons CFM, exact OP settings.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-11-2017, 06:56 AM   #2696
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977

Hope this helps.
I cannot say this enough, it is not placebo, follow these steps if making any settings changes in existing cfms. see my game results in previous post. Realize my Defensive backfield consists of Norman, Trufant, Berry, and Neal. we] shall see if my top 10 D holds up. I forced 2 fumbles and 2 INT (norman and Collins pick 6). Panthers forced fumble on Ryan sack inside my 20, how they got TD. I forced FG's as well as they did. Nothing but FG's in 2nd half beside my pick 6.

Xbox GT: Hunkerdown
Twitch: hunkerdownuga
Sports Franchises:
Madden - Falcons
FIFA- Everton
NHL - Lightening
NBA 2K - Hawks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »