Home

JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

This is a discussion on JoshC1977's M17 Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #2761
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

I really hate it when my 85 OVR 2nd year QB who has Ideal Sense Pressure trait and has the Throw Ball Away trait, just sits there if no one is open and takes sacks.

He'll throw it away sometimes but more often than not he just stands there or he'll move real slow outside the pocket, not throw the ball away and just take a sack.

There has to be a slider fix for this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #2762
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
I really hate it when my 85 OVR 2nd year QB who has Ideal Sense Pressure trait and has the Throw Ball Away trait, just sits there if no one is open and takes sacks.

He'll throw it away sometimes but more often than not he just stands there or he'll move real slow outside the pocket, not throw the ball away and just take a sack.

There has to be a slider fix for this.
Bear in mind also that the QB awareness and scheme matters here too.

You can try raising CFM RTP to 51, but that creates its own set of issues (can lead to too many checkdowns for my taste). Your call. It helps but it is not a fix...there is no slider fix for this.

Last edited by JoshC1977; 01-16-2017 at 10:39 AM.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:08 AM   #2763
MVP

gman2774's Arena

OVR: 4

That said....one thing is bugging me since making the switch to the 49IBB. I am seeing more 'warp catches'. The one thing I am exploring is turning the assists back off...it's cleaned it up, but I am not sure how well things will go overall without it on.

Josh--would another viable test option be to leave the assists on which is default but leave the mm injury slider at 10 (also default since the patch). Just trying to think of other possible ideas.
Old 01-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #2764
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
That said....one thing is bugging me since making the switch to the 49IBB. I am seeing more 'warp catches'. The one thing I am exploring is turning the assists back off...it's cleaned it up, but I am not sure how well things will go overall without it on.

Josh--would another viable test option be to leave the assists on which is default but leave the mm injury slider at 10 (also default since the patch). Just trying to think of other possible ideas.
It's definitely worth trying, but I'm skeptical because of the DB 'jogging' issue.

My question, have you seen this warping as well? Just curious if this is a sporadic issue or a bit more widespread.
Old 01-16-2017, 12:35 PM   #2765
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Bear in mind also that the QB awareness and scheme matters here too.

You can try raising CFM RTP to 51, but that creates its own set of issues (can lead to too many checkdowns for my taste). Your call. It helps but it is not a fix...there is no slider fix for this.
No problem I appreciate it Josh. I have a couple questions.

1. I'm playing Owner Mode, and if I hire a coach that is "Zone Run" I just want to make sure that it means Vertical Passing and long passes down the field.

Keep in mind I play on cpu v cpu mode so the coach calls all the plays.

2. What do you do for playbooks? Like, do you download one of the user created ones? Do you use the playbook for a particular coach scheme?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2017, 12:53 PM   #2766
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by extremeskins04
No problem I appreciate it Josh. I have a couple questions.

1. I'm playing Owner Mode, and if I hire a coach that is "Zone Run" I just want to make sure that it means Vertical Passing and long passes down the field.

Keep in mind I play on cpu v cpu mode so the coach calls all the plays.

2. What do you do for playbooks? Like, do you download one of the user created ones? Do you use the playbook for a particular coach scheme?
Owner mode is something I have not gone into much....it tends to complicate things imo. Both zone run and vertical schemes both have strong deep passing elements.

I don't mess with the playbooks at all....I don't feel a need to do so.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:04 PM   #2767
That's top class!

extremeskins04's Arena

Quote:
Owner mode is something I have not gone into much....it tends to complicate things imo. Both zone run and vertical schemes both have strong deep passing elements.

I don't mess with the playbooks at all....I don't feel a need to do so.
Wait, but according to your slider set original post, the vertical passing scheme is really heavy running I thought. Maybe I'm confused though.
Old 01-16-2017, 01:25 PM   #2768
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
It's definitely worth trying, but I'm skeptical because of the DB 'jogging' issue.

My question, have you seen this warping as well? Just curious if this is a sporadic issue or a bit more widespread.
I'll pay attention to this when I get a chance to play today and give some feedback on it. I didn't notice it before but wasn't really paying attention because I was geeking out on the run game lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Operation Sports mobile app

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »