View Single Post
Old 03-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #7788
jluce32
Rookie

jluce32's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I really like that you have to be more strategic with your pursuit angles and the footwork is amazing. Slow game speed and speed parity at 90 brings a feel to the game i can't explain.
Yeah buddy, I know exactly what you are talking about. Slow game speed, true sim set (all-madden)...speed parity 90.. as real as madden gets for me.

The way the ball trickles off WRs hands...and suddenly its tipped into the air and almost picked off by a 2nd defender - but at the last nanosecond he drops it - so f'n real man... Other examples: a play where the slot WR slightly nudges and out physicals a DB in the red zone..and it isn't some ridiculous looking hit stick action - it makes you appreciate how hard the WR works to break the tackle and tip toe into the end zone haha. The realness of the action really gets you immersed in the game. And these things aren't repeat occurrences I am speaking of. You don't see duplicate outcomes play after play...all the action feels fresh. Like each play brings some new tiny detail that you have never seen in the animations of other slider sets.

One spot, which I haven't seen repeated yet. The CPU QB Flacco decides to go no huddle on me.. than try to draw me offsides with a few hardcounts - and then completely stop his cadence .... sit there silence and run the play-clock down a bit... making me anxious on D. So when they finally snap it, he goes play action... he hits a guy out in the flats and totally has me off balance... So it makes me think..I've seen Flacco do this in real life to the Pats. The animations really do some crazy cool stuff on this set. And mentally, you can't afford to make mistakes.

And I totally understand what you mean when talking about pursuit of angles.B/c like in real life, this set makes you respect taking the proper pursuit... you are coached at a young age the importance of open field tackling and pursuit of angle. Long runs don't happen much, but when they do its usually b/c your team was in the wrong defense (bad coaching)...or your team wasn't properly aligned (bad presnap read) you don't want to get beat before the snap b/c your lined up all wrong.. I suggest making the minimum playlclock to no more than 13 seconds so you can really get a real life feel for how hard it is to get aligned quickly based on reading how the offense it set up) -Here's another cool spot... you are on defense and the opponent runs off tackle at you...and your Ends or OLBs or CBs lose outside contain....next suddenly their RB hits the hole hard and strings it further outside where nobody is left...except...Your last line of defense, you must take the proper angle here. Your pursuit of angle needs to be precise...this is something coaches drill play after play in practice after practice. Angle of pursuit drills happen all the time in real life...these are the types of things this set makes one think about.

In conclusion, the set is sick.

Last edited by jluce32; 03-01-2017 at 09:54 PM.