View Single Post
Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #1209
infinite76
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianben
So I'm struggling to find good CBs. I follow the tip to only scout CBs after the combine results come out but in my experience the tool only says do not draft for a couple of prospects, finds a couple of potential blue chips and the rest are potentially red chips.

I have been experimenting with scouting some CBs before the combine results and noticed the few blue chip combine CBs were 'Prototype' players. I only noticed this in the last draft so I don't have much data to back this up but I think it makes sense that prototype players will get better combine stats given what was said by EA regarding giving players stats that match their type.

So in future I plan to scout any prototype CBs before the combine fully which should leave me with more points to spend on scouting red chips after the combine.

Anyway just thought I'd mention this in case anyone finds it interesting.

I'd like to do the same with WRs but don't think there's a prototype WR? If anyone knows an equivalent that would be good to know.
a players archetype is based on their ratings in certain areas. it can change as someone upgrades. only document i found that explains what ratings affect them was in one of the old manuals. i uploaded it a few pages back.