Home

Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

This is a discussion on Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 03:03 PM   #1209
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Scouting Tool for Madden 17 CFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiianben
So I'm struggling to find good CBs. I follow the tip to only scout CBs after the combine results come out but in my experience the tool only says do not draft for a couple of prospects, finds a couple of potential blue chips and the rest are potentially red chips.

I have been experimenting with scouting some CBs before the combine results and noticed the few blue chip combine CBs were 'Prototype' players. I only noticed this in the last draft so I don't have much data to back this up but I think it makes sense that prototype players will get better combine stats given what was said by EA regarding giving players stats that match their type.

So in future I plan to scout any prototype CBs before the combine fully which should leave me with more points to spend on scouting red chips after the combine.

Anyway just thought I'd mention this in case anyone finds it interesting.

I'd like to do the same with WRs but don't think there's a prototype WR? If anyone knows an equivalent that would be good to know.
a players archetype is based on their ratings in certain areas. it can change as someone upgrades. only document i found that explains what ratings affect them was in one of the old manuals. i uploaded it a few pages back.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:00 PM   #1210
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cp22
How long on average does it takes to use this tool every week?
i dont use it every week. i usually wait until the end of the year. i miss out of some of the stories. sometimes i note down a good one just to make sure if they end up on my board. i know. it takes me 2 hours at the most when i use it at the end of the year. i am using a 8 yo macbook too.
Old 03-10-2017, 10:38 AM   #1211
MVP

OVR: 8

Quote:
I do use it every week and it probably takes me an extra 10 minutes at most. I enter the data as I unlocl it too so, depending on how you go about it, it could take a little less/longer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2017, 07:31 PM   #1212
Rookie

goldbarsoldier's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Like the poster said above it takes about 10 mins each week. Adding In the combine stats during free agency takes about 20-30 depending on whether or not you're a slow typer like myself

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G925A using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-12-2017, 12:14 AM   #1213
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldbarsoldier
Most of the guys that fall into this category have matching PR and TR. for example: LE C. HARDWICK 6M 6M 23 6'6 TACKLE B+ HIT POWER B BLOCK SHEDDING B-

he was listed as DND before combine stats were even available.
It's the B- in Block Shed, needs a B to be red chip.
Old 03-13-2017, 08:44 PM   #1214
Rookie

WeWereGiants's Arena

Quote:
Not much time during the week, the big time consumer is going through the receivers and corners after the combine. What I do now is just eyeball their 3 cone/shuttle times and only plug players into the tool who look decent there. Otherwise you're looking at an hour or more if you try plugging everyone in.
San Jose Sharks
Stanford Cardinal
Old 03-14-2017, 11:36 AM   #1215
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Man Nathy
So for the next version of the tool, I've been thinking about how to help people on draft day itself a bit more. From my own personal experience, I draft twice as effectively when I create something like the below, as opposed to when I work purely off the big board in the draft tool.

Obviously I only do the flashy presentation stuff for my CFM presentations, but I always like to keep track of what picks I have (and the pick number in each round) and earmark prospects from my big board that I'm intending to pick at each slot. This also means I can see where I have picks where I'm not likely to get a great player unless I reach for someone who'll probably still be on the board later in the draft, so I can look to trade down.

Does this sound like something you lot would like? You'll need to enter your draft picks obviously, but I'll have a play and see how I can get the tool to generate a report to show which players should be available at each pick. Let me know your thoughts.
OMN, first off... this is a great tool. Thanks a lot for development! I have a question on this version of the big board. What criteria do you use to determine whether or not a player should be available?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2017, 02:57 PM   #1216
Rookie

rajone9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmkoch14
OMN, first off... this is a great tool. Thanks a lot for development! I have a question on this version of the big board. What criteria do you use to determine whether or not a player should be available?
https://oldmannathy.wordpress.com/20...scouting-tool/

and the other parts of the blog

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »