Thread: Player Quirks
View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 03:29 PM   #1
Millennium
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Player Quirks

Creating this thread because I have some specific info regarding Player Quirks, and I believe they are a large enough change to the game to to have their own discussion:

There are two "types" of Quirks - Situational and Attribute.

Situational give boosts in specific situations (i.e. better in night games, better hitting with 2 strikes, better pitching with runners on base). These boosts are not dynamic and are programmed to MLB players based on their real life tendencies. For generated players (existing fake players in the minors AND drafted prospects) these Quirks will be randomly given.

Attribute Quirks given based on reaching a specific rating threshold (i.e. 80 speed for Speedy, which is an example not the actual threshold). These quirks ARE dynamic and will be lost/gained as a player's attributes progress/regress.

Not all Quirks affect gameplay. Some are just markers of a players skill.
The description of each Quirk will explain whether it affects a players ratings in game or not.

The AI Managers do not recognize player quirks when using their bullpen and/or pinch hitters. This is something that The Show team hopes to implement in the future.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Advertisements - Register to remove