Old 03-10-2017, 03:46 PM   #7
Millennium
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
Re: Player Quirks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitTilNextYear
I posted these questions a bit ago in one of the dev stream threads, but am moving the post here (minus the questions answered by the above info) to be more on topic. Also, the info about the AI not recognizing quirks explains why we saw Joe Smith left in to face a quirky Hyun-Soo Kim in yesterday's stream.

First quirk question....Say, for example, the threshold for having the "hitting machine" quirk is 85+ contact rating (not sure what the threshold actually is). Say I take a guy without the quirk and edit him to having 90 contact. Will he then get the quirk in real time right as I'm finished editing him? Does it go into effect right away? Does it wait until the next day/week/month/season to repopulate his list of quirks? If I edit a guy with the quirk to be below the threshold, does he lose the "hitting machine" quirk right away? I realize it's dynamic, but my question is more to how frequently do the quirks update (daily, yearly etc).

Second quirk thing....Are the splits-based quirks (home/road, night/day, left/right) hard-coded from 2016 data? Are they based on a larger sample? One danger area with splits-based quirks is sample size--if we're reading too much into 100 ABs or whatever, the data is likely not very accurate at all simply due to low sample size. Many, many players will show a particular split one season and completely reverse the trend the very next season. I know the devs have confirmed that sample size factors into their performance-based regression/progression system, but am unsure about the quirks. I also am aware they base ratings on 3-year samples of stats, but, again not sure if this is the same for quirks.

Third quirk question....How much better do a guy's splits need to be to get a splits-based quirk? Does he need to bat 15 points better at night than during the day? Would he get the "road warrior" quirk if he batted .301 on the road and .299 at home?

If Luis, Victor, or another dev just happens to be floating around this thread and wants to take a stab at any of this, hypothetically speaking of course, I certainly wouldn't be angry about them chiming in. lol
1 - Attribute Quirks update as soon as the rating hits.

2 - I believe the situational quirks are from 2016. Not 100% on that either, but on the stream they mentioned 2016 (although it could have been a misspeak on their part)

3 - Split based quirks are not dynamic, so they would have to be programmed and changed in a roster update by SIE.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!