View Single Post
Old 04-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #2
vrtkolman
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Expanded Attributes

This is all awesome stuff man! In fact, I like it so much I'm going to add some to it:

Physical:
- Hand size, also important in the same sense as wingspan. Also, this affects catching, so tie it to catching ratings? Probably related to fumbles as well.
- Maybe tie first step into “explosiveness”? That ability to generate a tremendous amount of force in a short area. This would be graded through broad jump and vertical scores.

I am fascinated by the draft and scouting process, and the more measurable we get the better.

WR:
- Separation, I’m certain that Paul Richardson is faster than DJax at this point in their careers, but DJax craps all over him in deep passes. The reason is DJax gets that separation at the point of the catch, that last little burst right before the ball reaches his hands. This would help differentiate between speed guys and true deep threats.

One thing I would love to see is an “Intensity” rating. A player with high intensity plays with an edge and is a bully, whereas the opposite is the definition of a soft player. This could be a trait, leading me to my last idea…

Internal traits and coachable traits:

Internal traits are special qualities that differentiate players from good to great. For example, Percy Harvin has open field moves unlike any player I’ve seen, so he should have some sort of “open field greatness” trait. These traits cannot be bought with EXP or added in any way. They are unique to certain players.

Coachable traits are things like intensity (above), high motor, and technique related things. They are related to the coaching staff of your team. If your head coach specializes in motivation, those low motor guys will be high motor guys. If a new coach comes in next year without that, back to low motor. Of course some players will be high motor all the time and vice versa. Coaches could specialize in things like technique (lower penalties). This could open up to full coaching staffs.