View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
Herschie
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Game 5, 1989 NLCS, alternate history, Sandberg doubles off of Bedrosian in Game 5 instead of grounding out, and drives in Mitch Webster and Jerome Walton, and the Cubs manage to get the series back to the Windy City.

Game 6, Don Zimmer decides to start Steve Wilson. Sutcliffe tried to hide his injured shoulder, but pitching coach Dick Pole was not fooled.

Wilson pitched admirably, allowing 3 runs, all of them earned in 4.1 innings. He left down 3-1. It was still that score in the bottom of the ninth, and there were long faces at Wrigley.

Some hope was to be had, as Sandberg singled to lead off. However, Grace popped out to Robbie Thompson for the first out. As Dwight Smith stepped up to the plate, the crowd had mixed reactions. Some were disappointed, some were grateful for the magnificent 1989 season the Cubs had had.

But all was not lost. As Smith took a low slider, my wife's voice came in from the other room: "Herschie, can you help me make the bed?".

Yeah, took me out of the moment just a tad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app