Home

List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

This is a discussion on List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show within the MLB The Show Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-27-2017, 11:40 PM   #9
MVP

bostongahden's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Just a heads up as I've updated my roster sets. If anyone is looking for my rosters under the first page category MLB Classic Specialty Rosters in the MLB 16 vault, the correct versions are now v1.2, v1.3, v2.2 and v3.2 under the PSN handle of BostonRob75.

For classic sports highlights and livestream action, follow me on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/@greenmonster37ft/videos
Follow me on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BostonRob75

Last edited by bostongahden; 04-27-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Old 04-27-2017, 11:51 PM   #10
Rookie

sc73ray's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpanalley
Thank you. I've not done a lot of roster vault so I wasn't aware of the filter.

Any chance of any kind of description on some of these? Some like "great teams" is impossible to know what they are since the team names can't be changed.
A few of the creators have their own thread to discuss what they've made. But all of them pretty much have included some info in the original of this thread. There's a "Search This Thread" feature on all threads if you do not want to go through all the posts.

I'm guessing we're going to have to repopulate that info in this thread for info purposes.
Old 04-28-2017, 12:17 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc73ray
I'm guessing we're going to have to repopulate that info in this thread for info purposes.
That's a good idea. Don't mind helping.
The biggest problem is people don't usually have the same name here as they do in the vault (e.g. bostonrob75/bostongahden)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-28-2017, 09:35 AM   #12
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caulfield
countryboy inspired me to pop in Show 15 a couple days ago to see how 15 compared to 17

and I was surprised to see the vault still up so I grabbed some of these. Does anyone know if 14's vault is still up?

I still have 14 but I need to locate it ( too much clutter ) If its still up theres a few things I'd like to look at.

The server has been shut down for '14, unfortunately.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 04-28-2017, 11:39 AM   #13
Pro

Herschie's Arena

Game 5, 1989 NLCS, alternate history, Sandberg doubles off of Bedrosian in Game 5 instead of grounding out, and drives in Mitch Webster and Jerome Walton, and the Cubs manage to get the series back to the Windy City.

Game 6, Don Zimmer decides to start Steve Wilson. Sutcliffe tried to hide his injured shoulder, but pitching coach Dick Pole was not fooled.

Wilson pitched admirably, allowing 3 runs, all of them earned in 4.1 innings. He left down 3-1. It was still that score in the bottom of the ninth, and there were long faces at Wrigley.

Some hope was to be had, as Sandberg singled to lead off. However, Grace popped out to Robbie Thompson for the first out. As Dwight Smith stepped up to the plate, the crowd had mixed reactions. Some were disappointed, some were grateful for the magnificent 1989 season the Cubs had had.

But all was not lost. As Smith took a low slider, my wife's voice came in from the other room: "Herschie, can you help me make the bed?".

Yeah, took me out of the moment just a tad!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 04-29-2017, 12:13 PM   #14
Pro

pjsnell10's Arena

OVR: 8

O.S. All Time 25 man roster is finally done (again) in the vault and is ready to download. For those of you that have been around for awhile, these were first done in 2012 by myself and about 5 others guys on here in 2012. A guy named Scooter on here did most of the pre 60's player faces and really nailed the likeness, while myself and couple others did the rest. The ratings are based off of career stats, so not everyone is 99 for everything. Pitcher repertoires are based of the Neyer James book. I ported them over to '14 when the PS4 came out, and here they are again. They are set to 25 man rosters (plus a couple extras for a few teams) and ready for season play, or exhibition play. The players numbers are all correct, but if you edit them, it will mess them up. I'm going to start working on my 1990 set next, enjoy!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 04-29-2017, 12:25 PM   #15
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10
O.S. All Time 25 man roster is finally done (again) in the vault and is ready to download. For those of you that have been around for awhile, these were first done in 2012 by myself and about 5 others guys on here in 2012. A guy named Scooter on here did most of the pre 60's player faces and really nailed the likeness, while myself and couple others did the rest. The ratings are based off of career stats, so not everyone is 99 for everything. Pitcher repertoires are based of the Neyer James book. I ported them over to '14 when the PS4 came out, and here they are again. They are set to 25 man rosters (plus a couple extras for a few teams) and ready for season play, or exhibition play. The players numbers are all correct, but if you edit them, it will mess them up. I'm going to start working on my 1990 set next, enjoy!

Pj flat out, thank you for your dedication bro, i mean seriously, everyone contributes in some way or another, and then you have those like yourself and many others in this community that go above and beyond to make a great game even greater! its appreciated brotha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-29-2017, 12:38 PM   #16
Rookie

Sm27's Arena

OVR: 5
Talking Re: List of Classic Seasons & Historical Specialty Rosters MLB The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjsnell10

THANK YOU!!!!!
I have been waiting for this and checking the vault nightly!
I leave for a month long tour with The Cult on Monday. Now I can get some killer tournaments and a classic season going on the tour bus.
AWESOME!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Rosters »