Old 05-14-2017, 01:29 PM   #3617
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: JoshC1977's M17 Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chedapalooza
Fired up a new franchise last night w these after months of inactivity. Definitely seeing what you mean with slow speed in MM.

Josh- did you ever look at the DEFENSIVE schemes? Curious for your take on them.. I don't believe them to be as clear cut as they should, kind of like what we see with the offensive schemes.
Hey buddy, how's it going. I'm actually really glad you got around to trying these....you've always had a good eye for the passing game; so I had a hunch that the results from the slow MM speed would pique your interest.

Defensive schemes...I'll be 100% honest, it just isn't my forte. The only thing I can really say is that I think using more base defensive schemes could be beneficial (i.e. base 34 and base 43 schemes, rather than the attacking schemes). Like NCAA 14, I think the CPU blitzes a bit too much...some of that may be attributable to the scheme. However, I can't find blitz percentage numbers from 2016 to provide objective recommendations to cross-check with default team schemes.

I thought about using the generic defensive playbooks for teams, but frankly....what little defensive identity the teams have with their default PBs to begin with would be lost...