Old 05-14-2017, 02:24 PM   #32
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Madden 18 Story Mode - Let's talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwolf90
Honestly I hated FIFA's "The Journey" and I really hope that Madden isn't giving us The Journey 2.0... I wouldn't mind a Career mode like The Show's Road to the Show or 2K's MyCareer, but I would not play it if it's anything like The Journey. The lack of customization, very little game play, and scripted story, and only being a Season and not really a full one, were all a turn off to me. No matter what you did or how well you played, I always played better then Alex Hunter's friend, you could not change what happened.

I would prefer they go the route of 2K with a Story/Career mode. Let us customize the player, change their name, etc. Then let our choices and how well we play effect the story. Don't force us into some kind of scripted story where all we are basically doing is watching a Movie, with an occasional game or drill to play, that's what I hated most about Spike Lee's MyCareer story. If I want to watch a Football movie I'll watch Gridiron Gang, Friday Night Lights, The Replacements, or something like that. But I will not play a Madden Story mode that is the same thing or similar to The Journey.
I fully agree. Even with the OJ crap in 2k17. I dont want to be forced into a linear story that I have no control of. I don't mind story modes for sport games. I just think it would be better as a separate game therefore more resources into. Like Blitz the League.
Obviously there will be a story. I just want there to be some customization and for actual games played to matter than story. Like I don't want to see a forced cutscene About my player struggling, but actually Im performing well.

Last edited by illwill10; 05-14-2017 at 05:15 PM.