Old 05-16-2017, 04:41 PM   #18
Armor and Sword
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: AI bullpen usage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomo17k
Has the developers actually acknowledged these issues already and/or are there bug reports?

I don't doubt there will be another patch (or perhaps two), but I am not sure if there was any indication that they are specifically looking into the bullpen issues.

I'm realizing reliever energy exhaustion issue might be a more significant issue than I have tended to think... especially with many setting Manager Hook slider to something low to minimize unrealistic early hooks of starters, that tend to make CPU leave some relievers too long when they have low energy.

I am seeing quite a few blowouts happen this way... when a starter gets pulled early, CPU manager put in a mediocre (long) reliever in to pitch a few innings, potentially exhausting energy. But the game is already wide open so CPU lets the reliever eat some innings anyway, and with confidence/energy pretty much zeroed out he continues to pitch poorly.

So it's kind of a runaway situation.
No acknowledgement of an issue. It is being investigated and looked at.

I have hook on 5 and have basically no issues with early hooks on starters and closers. Like I had said....for me I have only seen it 2 times in over 100 hours of gameplay now.

The team is very receptive and they have responded IMO with updates and fixes to many many legit issues.

For me this game is near damn perfect. And I know it never will be perfect.

I am now playing on quick counts (made the switch after 1.06) and pitch counts look awesome for starters and logic has been sound (and it was sound for me on full counts). I don’t think AI will ever be perfect....but it is really strong for the most part on The Show.

So hopefully if they do find a legit issue with CP being pulled too early and the warm up issue they will get it fixed on the next update.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23