View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 09:10 PM   #39
Caelumfang
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Are standing shots really that much more potent than moving shots? (SC related)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus_Swagglesworth
Do you mean open standing shots from sharps vs. open moving shots from shot creators? Or comparing the effectiveness of both from SC perspective?

If comparing sharps and SC, my SC's shooting has been just as consistent as sharps all year throughout every update. Don't know what to say lol. I'd say 9/10 games i'll go like 17/21 FG (yes bad teams), with the occasional bad game happening randomly with no change in strategy.

There's slightly more greens for open sharps imo, but SC still gets plenty of them. I just learned to trigger and green the 3 quickest moving shot animations. One for pull-ups, one for moving left, and one for right. White bars continue to go in at the same rate for me as long as i'm open.

If comparing standing & moving within SC archetype, I think you have to establish your archetypes game early. I noticed this with other archetypes like slashers. I would start the games hot via moving shots, but then i'd miss very makable layups and dunks once I decided to get in.
Mine was as well until these last two tweaks, which completely demolished white bar shot percentage. That's when I noticed that I was getting an absurd amount of missed shots on the move vs standing shots.

When you're speaking of your FG%, how often are you driving and scoring on fast breaks vs actually using your moving/standing shots? And I'm talking your entire moving shot arsenal.

Last edited by Caelumfang; 05-25-2017 at 09:15 PM.