Old 06-08-2017, 05:29 PM   #54
BluFu
MVP

BluFu's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: NBA2K17 Ratings/Tendency Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
In 2K, close shots are an arc from about the restricted circle (4ft) out to the free throw line (~14 ft).

Those close tendencies do nothing but make the shot charts look good for sim stats. My tendencies use an algorithm that accurately generates them based on 2k's method. They're ignored during gameplay.
From what I've seen, the mid/left/right close tendencies also seem to influence how many close shots a player takes during gameplay if the primary close shot tendency is low.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanFitzmagic
What other factors?
Contested J, Drive tendency, Step Through, Triple Threat shot, etc... lots of ways to influence players taking certain shots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicMage
Yup, exactly. Another important thing to know is that the shot making attributes (Shot Close, Open Shot Mid/3pt, etc.) ALSO affect how many shots are taken during sim. For instance, if a player's 3pt tendency is set to zero, but his Open Shot Three is set to some number above 25, he'll take 3pt shots in sim. It's been really annoying seeing centers taking several 3-pointers in sim just because his three point ratings are set in the 40's. Gotta set everybody to 25 if you don't want them taking those shots.
I remember that I've gotten players to shoot no threes by making sure that all of their 3 point location tendencies (mid/left/right etc) are set to 0. I could be off on that.