View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:13 PM   #142
Big FN Deal
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by howboutdat
ok so here is a very serious question. Lets say we start to monetize it. They may get a little more resources for it. Ok sounds good.But then we face the issue hey always face. Time.They not getting more time. They cant even produce what little they have been adding to CFM for years now without it coming out with alot of bugs in it before launch. So realistically, how much more in resources would they really have to add , to be able to add alot more to it in a year cycle and the new stuff come out without a ton of issues in the same time limit. i mean this is really only a serious question id love answered.

I mean adding to MUT, they did add salary cap( to try to get cfm people into it) and they adding squads this year, and chemistry last year. Outside of that, what really is being added to MUT outside of new player cards and basically new player model? I mean i can use the edit player feature now and make totally dif players within a short amount of time. Guess im looking at how much really has to be tested that hard in MUT compared to CFM ? Where as its been mentioned, has so many working parts that tie into each other. I just am not 100% sure the extra money we would be giving would = seeing that % more being added to CFM in a year .
Imo "monetize" in CFM wouldn't necessarily need to be done the same way as it is in MUT though, the goal would be to generate more revenue from the mode outside of the purchase price of the game. If I'm not mistaken Ian talked about or hinted at something like that in the past, using advertisements. Also like CMHooe mentioned, finding ways to have CFM be more of a potential funnel to MUT, might be another way to indirectly monetize CFM as well.

That said, I totally get your point about just because CFM were to make more money doesn't mean EA Tib will spend more on it, they could just keep the extra profits and maintain the status quo with CFM improvements. That wouldn't surprise me one bit either because, again, that's the leverage they have. What I meant by the we can't have it both ways comment was, the status quo for CFM improvements is almost a given without some way to monetize CFM, which gives it a chance at change but I agree with you that monetizing CFM wouldn't guarantee it.