View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 12:29 PM   #144
aholbert32
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Madden NFL 18 Interview with Rex Dickson (SimFBallCritic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Imo "monetize" in CFM wouldn't necessarily need to be done the same way as it is in MUT though, the goal would be to generate more revenue from the mode outside of the purchase price of the game. If I'm not mistaken Ian talked about or hinted at something like that in the past, using advertisements. Also like CMHooe mentioned, finding ways to have CFM be more of a potential funnel to MUT, might be another way to indirectly monetize CFM as well.

That said, I totally get your point about just because CFM were to make more money doesn't mean EA Tib will spend more on it, they could just keep the extra profits and maintain the status quo with CFM improvements. That wouldn't surprise me one bit either because, again, that's the leverage they have. What I meant by the we can't have it both ways comment was, the status quo for CFM improvements is almost a given without some way to monetize CFM, which gives it a chance at change but I agree with you that monetizing CFM wouldn't guarantee it.
FYI, thats old thinking. In game advertisements arent as lucrative as people thought they would be 5-10 years ago. It results in a very small part of revenue for the company.