Cycloniac
TrueSim Projects-Creator

Cycloniac's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA2K17 Ratings/Tendency Explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerdBrown
Hi gents,

I'm new in this roster editing and tried tinkering with Create Draft Class option in 2K17. I have no master-level knowledge in tendencies and would like to ask your opinion.

Is the tendency a strict ratio of what a player will do? For example, shooting 3 pointers. If the player has a 81 3 point contested, open, and off dribble (81-81-81), and I give him 99 for shot 3, shot three left, middle, right - in short, shot 3 all over at 99 tendencies. What's the impact?

Another theoretical question is - let's say I give a 76 rating to a player for everything. Then tendency of 99 to everything. What's the likely effect?

This is theoretical, but I would like to learn more about this and any thoughts would be appreciated.
In scenario 1, basically he would shoot exclusively threes, in volume. If you set the shoot three tendency to say 50, he would still exclusively shoot threes, but less aggressively.

In scenario 2, the player would be very aggressive in every single aspect. As soon as he touches the ball, he would look to shoot, drive or pass, depending on what his position is, what his play types are, who his teammates are and what his passing ratings are. Think high usage and ball dominant, especially if he's a guard.